Snapshot Proteomics is the most sensitive, reproducible, and data-rich means of proteomic discovery, but no single technique is right forall scientific questions. Sometimes, mass spectrometry offers the best solution: AVMBioMed also offers complete MS and MS/MS based analysis of proteins and peptides with maximal sensitivity using state of the art methods and instruments.
We can perform both electrospray and Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization tandem mass spectrometry (ESI and MALDI MS/MS). We can digest both in-gel and in-solution. We utilize both existing databases and we can customize one to meet your specific needs. We can perform traditional shotgun approaches as well as data-independent acquisition (DIA) methods.
- Two Thermo Fisher Hybrid LTQ-OrbitrapXL Mass Spectrometers with nano-capillary HPLC
- Applied Biosystems 5500 Q Trap with HPLC
- Applied Biosystems Voyager-DE PRO MALDI TOF spectrometer
- Thermo Fisher Q Exactive Plus and Q Exactive HF spectrometers, the latest orbitrap technology currently available.
Representative data showing scans of parent peptides (MS1) and further fragmentation to make protein identification (MS2)
To get started with MS/MS, contact us so we can discuss your specific project or idea!
Commonly answered questions include:
- What are the proteomic components of my sample?
- Does this sample contain my protein of interest?
- How do these samples compare in proteomic terms?
- How is my protein post-translationally modified (PTM analysis)?
- Specifically, which residues are modified with PTM?