SMART™ (Small Molecule Accelerated Research Tool) is a revolutionary product for the preclinical development of lead compounds. SMART™ uses Snapshot Proteomics™ to reveal changes to the proteome of pharmacologically treated cells. This information is then analyzed with our proprietary database to gain a deeper understanding of the proteomic molecular mechanisms that are a result of the pharmacological treatment.
The result is a better understanding of the cellular response to treatment, allowing you to fail compounds early and reliably, or to repurpose previously failed compounds to responsive subpopulations. We can also suggest combination therapy to improve efficacy and avoid resistance.
SMART™ is capable of measuring compound effects on a wide array of targets from multiple therapeutic areas. The ideal candidates for SMART™ are small molecule lead compounds that emerge from cell-based assay development. To get started, contact us to discuss your specific compound development program.
Examples of questions that SMART™ has answered for clients:
- How specific is my compound?
- What are the on-target and off-target cellular effects of my compound?
- How does inhibiting target activity differ from inhibiting target expression?
- Are unintended pathways being altered by my compound?
- Are there parallel biological pathways up-regulated in response to my drug?